In terms of themes, “European” is a fairly broad category, spanning centuries of history and architecture in various countries. However, a new update for Cities: cities skylines american buildings tries to make everything seem less American.
These buildings are part of a new European biome, which means that they will only appear if you start a city on that map theme.
Also in 1.1.0, tunnels; a feature that Colossal Order says was “one of the most requested features in the community.” Additionally, the asset editor has been expanded and now allows custom vehicle import.
These are the main additions and features of the update:
- New: European theme added
- New: 72 European buildings in the European theme
- New: Support for corners and adjacent buildings in the European theme.
- New: 3 added maps with European theme (Cliffside Bay, Foggy Hills and Grand River)
- Options: V sync option added
- Options: Invert Y axis of mouse added
The full topic is much broader in scope, and you can see the full changelog on the Paradox forums. Patch 1.1.0 is now available.