You might be aware of various big broadband service providers like JIO, Airtel etc but it is very possible that you were unaware of GTPL which is parent for Hathway, a Reliance owned digital service provider. GTPL provides DTH and broadband services in major cities of India.
GTPH Hathway is working in more than 1200 towns in the country and is said to have almost 11 million customers. In Gujarat, it is already the biggest DTH and wireline broadband service provider.
GTPL Hathway has a customer protection system that it claims to be providing. The company claims that in case a customer’s digital cable service is disrupted for more than 72 hours, they provide compensation in form of deduction in charge accordingly. This doesn’t work only in case of a natural calamity.
In case of a prepaid plan even for a longer period of time, a price change made further by the company doesn’t affect the ongoing plan of the customer.
Also, it has an app called GTPL Saathi, which can be downloaded from the play store too. It provides the affiliates of LCOs of the company with an information facility to make sure their customers are being provided with the service properly.
One can go to the play store and download the GTPL Saathi app for free. Or you can also go to the website of GTPL Saathi directly and login there.
It also provides relocation services for its customers. It claims to provide the relocation service within 7 days of the request made, subject to feasibility of options. The LCOs are provided with instructions related to how to deal with relocation requests specifically.
The GTPL Saathi app enables them to search the details of their customers as well as activate, modify, change, renew, disconnect or suspend packages for their customers.
Recently, online reviews of the app showed that LCOs were having problems with renewing the packages and selecting the A-La-Carte option.
To avail GTPL cable services, the Subscriber may use following method –
- Log in to the official website of GTPL – www.gtpl.net and go to Customer’s Corner to select the desired services
- Now, you have to select the set top box option. (HD or SD)\
- Contact the GTPL Office nearest to you or your Local Cable Operator or
- Download the Mobile App “My GTPL” and request for a New Connection or Call on our centralized helpline no. 1800-419-0419 (Toll Free)
- Once GTPL receives a request from the customer as an application for availing a new service connection, no matter through which of the above mentioned mediums, a GTPL representative or LCO shall visit the customer’s premises for the further service. This usually takes less than 48 hours.
GTPL is already a market leader and after it got acquired by Reliance, hopes for it’s better future can be made.