A good health drink is a great source of instant nourishment for little ones. Health drinks are carefully planned to suit the age and nutritional requirements of your little one. A healthy kids protein drink can work wonders for your child with just one serving each day.
What are Health Drinks?
Health drinks are specially formulated powders that can be added to milk, water, or juices to give them an added dose of nutrition. You can choose a health drink for kids based on his or her age as well as activity levels throughout the day.
A good health drink for kids is commercially available and are ready for you to use. Choosing the right one can be one of the best supplements to your child’s diet. Along with the food that he or she consumes throughout the day, adding a health drink helps bridge any nutritional gaps.
What are the Benefits of Health Drinks?
There are several benefits to choosing a good health drink for kids:
- A single, concentrated source of nutrition: Kids today are always on the move. It is almost impossible to get them to eat as many meals as they would need each day to stay healthy. With a health drink for kids, you get a single and reliable source of nourishment that can be consumed on the go. These drinks contain the right amount of every nutrient from proteins to vitamins and minerals based on your child’s age group.
- Helps the child recover faster: Children are more physically active. Whether it is playing or taking part in athletics, they need the right nutrition to keep up. A health drink for kids, in particular, is highly beneficial in helping the muscles recover from these activities. When your child is running or playing, the muscles develop small tears. This is completely natural and can be repaired quickly when the right nutrients are available with the best health drink for kids. Proteins provide amino acids that are vital for repairing and rebuilding any tissue in the body, including the muscles.
- Boosts immunity: Nutritional deficiencies are the most common cause of poor immunity in children. With a health drink for kids, you can provide vital micro and macronutrients. Since the body needs so many of these nutrients, particularly vitamins and minerals, it is almost impossible to fulfill the requirements through a regular diet alone. These drinks provide nutrients like vitamin C that are vital to keep the immune system healthy and to boost its performance as well.
- Helps in proper growth and development: A health drink for kids is extremely useful in bridging any nutritional gaps. Nutritional deficiencies are the primary cause for issues like stunted growth, improper hormonal balance and other issues that can have a negative effect on the developing body of your little one.
- Keeps the bones healthy: Calcium is an important nutrient in any health drink for kids. It helps build strong bones. These drinks are particularly beneficial when your child does not consume milk or other dairy products that are the primary source of calcium for them.
- Improves cognitive abilities: The brain gets the fuel that it needs. With a health drink for kids like Gritzo Supermilk, you also have the advantage of nutrients like DHA that are vital for the development of the brain. They are particularly beneficial for younger children who are between the ages of 4 and 6 years as most of the brain development happens during this time.
- Better overall metabolism: With the right diet, the body gets the fuel that it needs to maintain good metabolism. The production of various enzymes and hormones in the body also improves, giving your child’s metabolism a boost. Health drink for kids is beneficial in ensuring that your child gets all the nourishment he or she needs.
- Improved energy levels: A health drink for kids keeps the muscles fuelled and gives them a consistent supply of necessary nutrients. Some of these drinks also contain electrolytes that prevent fatigue and dehydration. You will notice a significant improvement in the child’s mood and energy levels once nutrition improves.
How to Choose The Right Health Drink
With so many commercial options available, it is a challenge to find the right health drink for kids. Here are a few tips that you can use to make sure that your child gets only the best:
- Ensure that the health drink for kids is appropriate for your child’s age. Usually, you get different variants according to the age of the child. Remember, too much of a good thing can also be dangerous. This is why you must make sure that the health drink contains nutrients according to the daily recommended value for the age group that your child fits into.
- Check the label thoroughly. If you find that most ingredients on the label are hard to pronounce or recognize, it is not the right health drink for kids. A simple rule of thumb is that the fewer the ingredients, the better the drink.
- Look for the sugar source in any health drink for kids. Natural sugar sources are undoubtedly the best. Products like Gritzo Supermilk make use of unrefined cane sugar that is safest for your child to consume.
- Make sure that the product does not contain any potential allergens. For instance, these drinks often contain milk powder. If your child is lactose intolerant, this can cause unwanted issues. Other allergens to look out for are gluten, soy, peanuts, and dairy.
When to Choose a Health Drink
You can give your child a protein drink as a part of his or her diet at any time. However, there are some particular instances that demand the use of a health drink for kids:
- You follow a vegetarian diet- Usually, vegetarian diets do not provide the necessary amount of protein. In this case, a health drink for kids is a necessary supplement.
- Your child is athletic: The nutritional demands of athletic children are much higher. A health drink or protein drink is vital to fulfill the nutritional requirements and improve your little one’s performance.
- Your child is a fussy eater: With their different flavours and great taste, health drinks are more welcome when the child is a fussy eater. That way, you do not have to worry about him or her not getting enough nutrition.