Acne is a chronic skin condition that affects a large percentage of people in the world. It causes inflammation, spots, and pimples on the face, shoulders, back, neck, upper arms, and chest. There are many types of acne like whiteheads, blackheads, cysts, pimples, and more.
The condition surfaces during puberty for many teens, when the sebaceous glands are activated. However, it can appear at any age and causes irritation and scars. Finding the right pimple treatment can be very important, especially when you’re suffering from deep, painful pimples that pop up due to adult acne issues.
Not only does having adult acne-causing conditions reduce one’s self-confidence, but they are also much more agitating and harder to get rid of. The treatment for this condition depends on the severity of your condition, skin type, and how often it recurs.
Risk factors like genetics, hormonal changes, anxiety, and unhygienic skin conditions are something to look into while looking for the best treatment for you.
Natural Remedies To cure Pimples:
Many natural and homemade remedies are used across the world to help treat pimples and acne. Though there is not too much medical evidence present to support these remedies, many people agree that some of them make a difference. Here are a few natural ways methods you can consider:
- Diet: An unhealthy diet is one of the most common causes of breakouts. People who consume a diet that is light, healthy, and rich in Vitamins A, E, and zinc have a lower risk of severe acne. A diet with a low glycemic load can also help.
Diets consisting of oily, unhealthy or junk food can not only cause but also aggravate acne. A healthy diet and hygienic lifestyle can do wonders for your skin and give you the smooth, glowing skin you dream of.
- Tea-tree oil: Tea tree oil is something that is used very commonly in skincare routines. It is also used in Ayurveda, the alternative form of medicine that stems from ancient India.
Tea tree oil is stated to be great for curing acne, removing acne scars, and to give clear and clean skin. It can also be very helpful for extremely oily skin.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is said to be very useful in treating acne and oily skin. It is great for removing scars and leaving your skin hydrated and supple. You can use raw leaves or aloe gels. Raw leaves are, however, not recommended for all skin types as it might leave your skin irritated.
Medically treating your acne problem is an option to consider, especially when you have a persistent ace. Treatment depends solely on the severity, recurrence, and skin type of the patient. Some treatments dermatologists commonly use are:
- Topical antibiotics: Many topical antibiotics are used to treat acne. Your doctor might put you on a course of antibiotics or ask you to use ointments over a period. Some common antibiotics include erythromycin, clindamycin, sulfacetamide, dapsone, and more. They are prescribed depending on your skin condition.
- Retinoids: Topical retinoids are commonly used in treating acne. These medications are great for unclogging pores and blocking inflammation. These might increase your skin sensitivity to the sun, but sunscreen while stepping out can easily sort this side effect out.
- Cortisone injections: Injections are used to flatten out large pimples and cysts quickly. It also serves as a good treatment to remove acne scars and to treat persistent acne. A series of injections are used over multiple sessions for this process.
- Light treatments: Light therapy refers to using concentrated light rays on particular spots to remove acne and scars. It is a safe and effective procedure and is extremely directed to affected spots. However, it is not permanent. There aren’t many side effects of this kind of treatment which is why it is really popular.
- Chemical peels: There are many types of chemical peels that are used for removing the top layer of injured skin, revealing smooth and fresh skin. There are superficial peels performed by estheticians or deeper peels which are performed by doctors.
These are great to treat acne and remove hard, tough, or permanent scars. There are different types of peels used depending on skin type and the kind of condition causing your acne.
Multiple treatments are performed by medical experts like laser treatment, which are also extremely popular pimple treatments. Having pimples is never easy, especially when you grow out of your teen years. However, there is a modern solution for almost every condition causing you worries.