Individuals who exhibit symptoms that correlate with endocarditis must consult the best cardiologist in Karachi. The specialist will conduct several tests to determine the cause and severity of the condition. The treatment will help in a quick and smooth recovery.
What is endocarditis?
It is a condition in which the inner lining of the heart becomes inflamed due to bacterial inflammation. The heart chambers and valves’ functioning are hindered because of the inflammation. Individuals above sixty are more likely to develop the condition. However, the treatment can help the patient get better without complications.
What are the known symptoms that correlate with endocarditis?
The symptoms of endocarditis are:
- The patient can notice a heart murmur. It is an unusual heartbeat sound.
- The patient suffers from unbearable joint and muscle pain. It hinders the movement of the patient.
- The patient suffers from recurrent episodes of high-grade fever.
- The patient experiences shortness of breath because of the inflammation.
- The patient and caregivers can notice the selling near the lower extremities.
- The patient suffering from endocarditis can notice red spots on the palms and soles.
- The patient suffers from Osler nodes. They are red and painful lesions present on the hands.
- The patient suffers from Petechiae. It is a condition in which there are purple spots on the white part of the eyes.
What are the known causes of endocarditis?
The causes of endocarditis include:
The bacteria enter from the mouth and gut. It spreads in the bloodstream. It then multiplies in the endocardium, which leads to endocarditis. Individuals with poor oral hygiene are more likely to suffer from endocarditis,
- Individuals who undergo dialysis have a permanent catheter, which increases the risk of bacterial infection. Therefore, the patients undergoing the procedure are at a higher risk of suffering from endocarditis.
- People diagnosed with gum disease are more likely to suffer from infections and endocarditis.
- Individuals who have come in contact with contaminated needles are more likely to suffer from multiple problems, including endocarditis.
- Sexually transmitted diseases increase the chances of endocarditis.
What preventive measures can help reduce the occurrence of endocarditis?
The preventive measures include:
- People should maintain their oral hygiene by brushing and flossing their teeth twice a day.
- People must prioritize their health. People opting for body tattoos and piercing should check if the needles are sterilized.
- People with heart conditions must visit their specialist if they exhibit symptoms that correlate with endocarditis.
What are the complications that correlate with endocarditis?
The complications that correlate with endocarditis include:
- Due to a hindrance in the functioning of the heart, the patient may suffer from a stroke.
- The inflammation can lead to neurological problems such as seizures.
- Endocarditis can lead to paralysis and permanent damage to the kidneys.
- People without treatment suffering from the condition are more likely to have lung and heart failure.
What tests help diagnose an individual with endocarditis?
The tests that help in diagnosing an individual with endocarditis are:
- The blood tests help determine the presence of bacteria or fungi in the blood.
- The MRI test helps detect and evaluate the damage to the lungs and heart due to the inflammation.
- The electrogram detects the abnormality in the heart rhythm, which indicates heart disease.
- The x-ray helps detect heart enlargement that indicates inflammation.
What are the effective treatment options for endocarditis?
The treatment has proven effective for endocarditis include:
- Use of Antibiotics to fight the infection and provide ease from the pain.
- In severe cases, the doctor might conduct an open surgery. The surgery replaces the damaged heart valves with artificial valves.
The patients diagnosed with endocarditis must visit a cardiologist at Chinar International Hospital. The specialist will provide guidance regarding an effective treatment plan for a quick recovery without complications. It will help the patient get better and enhance the quality of life.