Even if you’re the most prepared person in the world, I think it’s safe to say that no one saw this pandemic coming.
We’re spending a lot longer in our homes, and even though ‘home is where the heart is’, it can get tiring having to spend ALL of our time there.
So, we all need a few ways in which to improve our office spaces, and I’ve got a few tips and tricks that can help you to improve your office…
Redo your office space
You may already have an office space in your home (lucky you!) or you’ve had to improvise with something else. Whatever your situation, one of the best things you can do is shake it up a little. This includes:
- Redecorate – repaint your office space a different colour to the rest of your house, or even a brighter colour that’ll get you motivated to work.
- Get a plant – not only are plants lovely to look at, but they can also boost your mood when it comes to those long working hours.
- New furniture – when it comes to decorating, or redecorating your office space, get creative about making your office a space you want to come into. This can be anything from getting that all-important comfy chair, to buying some new appliances like a stylish radiator to keep you warm on those short winter days, just search around for more info.
- If you can’t afford anything new right now then you can just change your furniture around!
Anything that creates a change to shake up your office space can give your mind a break and freshen things up!
Set a routine
You’ve got to make a routine and stick to it! This includes
- Get ready for work as you normally would! Those pyjamas might be comfortable, but they won’t get you in the right frame of mind.
- Make sure you’re taking regular breaks like you would at work! Don’t wear yourself out.
- Leave your office space to take those breaks! Make a divide between work and relaxation by keeping things separate.
- Better yet, get out of the house, and utilise your time by taking a walk or (dare I say it) doing a workout from home to get your mind racing again.
Making and maintaining a routine will not only help you now but also when you head back to work again.
Been looking at investing more into your office space, but don’t know how long you’ll be using it for? Go for it! We don’t know when this pandemic will end, but there will be days in the future where you might need to work from home, and you can do so happily knowing it’s as good as you want it to be!
Working from home is difficult right now, especially if you have other distractions going on in your life. It’s easy to get stressed about the situation you’re in, but don’t panic! Just follow these little tips and tricks, and your office will begin to feel like a more relaxing place.