Regardless of the type of product produced, Manufacturing businesses are extremely hard to scale and taking it to the next level is a serious challenge. In today’s digital world, the manufacturing industry is going through digital transformation. Being innovative and scaling up manufacturing and operations is needed to survive competition. Scaling a manufacturing business means making investment in hiring highly talented employees, purchasing high-quality equipment such as robots, machinery and automation, requirement of working capital and investment in sales and marketing processes. The combined investment comes out to be huge and will be detrimental if not planned properly. Manufacturers require a digital solution that helps them better understand customer needs, design better products, define efficient process and procedures and also improve visibility across the entire value and supply chain.
A robust planning framework, which can provide necessary data and integrate the commonly used siloed systems for planning and sales. The siloed systems do not provide the necessary visibility to the management and Sales & Operations team for long-term Planning. While ERP systems software does provide real-time information of the entire business process like operations, accounting, orders, shipping, sales and marketing, and more, however, the customer data is still available only in silos. These silos make it very difficult to get important information and a complete view of the business to make critical and correct decisions to scale and expand.
Manufacturers are required to have the following information in-hand to take correct decisions and plan for expansion and growth:
- Comparison of product Quantities and revenues with the planned and actual estimates
- Accurate quantitative estimates of Inventory and stocks
- Flexibility to change plans in contingencies like production issues, recession or urgent customer requests
- Automated systems to update actual product quantities and Orders
- Information on product performance and improvement requirements
- Ability of manufacturer, supplier, partner to collaborate on real time
- Ability to create, assign and update targets to the sales team as per requirement.
Salesforce within its ecosystem of digital solutions provides the solution and framework in the form of Manufacturing Cloud. Salesforce experts use Manufacturing Cloud provides an end-to-end CRM solution for the manufacturing industry. Manufacturing Cloud includes a host of features that have an answer to many challenges and provides information that manufacturers can benefit from, such as sales agreements, account-level forecasting, partner community features, account manager targets, and more.
Techlars, satisfies the need.
The Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud enables the sales and operations teams to collaborate and thus allows teams to have a unified view of market and customer demands. It helps to provide more accurate forecasts, plan and drive predictable business performance. With this software, you can even avoid some of the common challenges of CRM and leverage its benefits for your business growth. Manufacturing Cloud promises to deliver more transparent and predictable results and outcomes. By utilizing this Solution, manufacturers would be able to streamline everything from sales agreements to resolving product issues. Availability of centralized data would create a comprehensive and integrated picture of the operation, permitting for better decision making, increasing productivity and reducing losses.
Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud provides the following capabilities to manufacturers:
- A single and unified view of agreement terms and its conformity for product quantities, revenues. It helps to compare the planned sales volumes and revenues with the actual numbers and improve business strategies.
- A ability to respond to changes in business environment by easily editing planned quantities, sales prices, and discounts
- Ability to define various metrics of inventory and stocks for quantity and pricing. Time-phased metrics can be set up to get a 360-degree view of customers at different stages of the customer lifecycle.
- A digital process that captures the information from orders and updates Sales plan and forecast regularly
- It provides projection of revenue and quantity at account level for accounting growth
- Using a Formula Builder, it allows users to easily define a forecast algorithm based on metrics
- Capability to work on forecast data and track manual changes
- It provides an online channel by leveraging Community Cloud, which extends the real-time visibility of your business processes to your partners and stakeholders. It avoids delays in planning and gets feedback from all stakeholders and developing trust.
- Easy to use mechanism for defining, assigning and tracking sales targets to sales teams
- It allows you to leverage Salesforce Einstein Analytics for Manufacturing business to understand trends in data and have well-informed and comprehensive recommendations.
To conclude, Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud provides a holistic picture of a customer in a manufacturing industry. It allows us to track Customers at various stages of the customer life cycle. It provides meaningful and relevant data which enables manufacturers to plan effectively, and transparently formulate sales agreements. Its ability to integrate with the Salesforce ecosystem helps to predict real-time insights for business growth. Also, collaborating and receiving timely feedback for decision making differentiates it from other solutions. In a short time since its launch and with all the above capabilities, Manufacturing Cloud has become a must have solution for Manufacturing who are looking to Scale and expand.
Looking for Manufacturing Cloud experts? Check out the top Salesforce consultants here!