You won’t find Bungie Day on the calendar, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a real thing. In fact, it’s not just real, it’s today, and to celebrate the big event, Bungie removed the bounty cap on five of Destiny 2’s “featured raids”, meaning you can farm them as much as you want, until they’re gone. .
Raising the Cap
Raising the cap means players will have effectively unlimited opportunities for rewards, including sought-after exotic raids like Anarchy from the final Scourge of the Past encounter, though secret chests will remain at their usual weekly cap. The armor drops from these raids have also been updated to use the Arrival Season infusion cap, meaning it will be viable in endgame activities until next year.
This is all important because, as we explained last month, the September 22 release of the Destiny 2 Beyond Light expansion will also see the removal of older locations and raids. As a result, if you don’t get the rewards you want from them before Beyond Light launches, you’ll have to wait for them to spin again before you can take another photo.
This week’s reboot has also seen the nefarious Pyramid ships scatter across the solar system, launching on Mars, Io, Mercury, and Titan, which now has the public Contact event happening on it. These are the planetary destinations that will be phased out in September, so it’s safe to say that things are starting to look vague to locals.
Not that the Guardians care too much. Most of them will be busy working on the new exotic questline that also launched today, the completion of which will reward the Ruinous Effigy, a void-tracking rifle that transmutes defeated enemies into ‘relics’ that can be wielded as weapons. AoE. It sounds spicy. We’ll have a full guide shortly, and in the meantime, you can dive into the full patch notes below:
Contact the public event:
- Fixed an issue where players could collect and deposit 15 Motes before unlocking the Umbral Mastery II gift on the Prismatic Recaster.
- Increased Glimmer rewards in Trials of Osiris.
- Nightmare Hunts:
- Fixed an issue where Nightmare Hunts could award more Arrival Season rewards than intended.
The following raids no longer have weekly reward caps from main encounters:
- Devourer of worlds
- Star needle
- Crown of sorrow
- Scourge of the past
- Note: Secret Chests will still have weekly locks
- All of the armor from the featured raids mentioned above has been updated to use the infusion cap from the arrival season.
- Last Wish and Garden of Salvation raid weapons and armor have been updated to use the Season of Arrivals infusion cap.
Gameplay and investment
- Fixed an issue where Heavy Hitters Triumph would not correctly track which contact event bosses had been defeated.
- Fixed an issue where the worthy rank season stat tracker would not appear correctly.
- Fixed an issue where players had the Guardian Games mission in their inventory long after the Titans fully dominated the event.
- The hunters are still pretty sad about it.
- Fixed an issue where there was inconsistent use of weapon and ammo types in the High-Stakes Heist quest steps.
- Fixed an issue where Seraph weapons would not count towards the Sleeper Simulant catalyst quest progression.
- Fixed a rare crash with Anarchy.
- Fixed an issue with Threshold Enhancements III that was preventing Cold Denial and Falling Guillotine from gaining an additional trait.
- Fixed an issue with Vortex Frame Swords where the heavy attack was not ending properly across the network.
- Fixed an issue where multiple weapons from the arrival season were missing collection entries.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Season of the Worthy Seasonal Armor Mods from having a chance to be purchased at Banshee-44.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from purchasing the Banshee-44 Unbreakable Machine Gun mod.
- Added the ability for the Season of Arrivals armor to use Season of Dawn Light Charged mods.
- Fixed some incorrect armor mod icons for various Season of Arrivals mods.
- Fixed incorrect buff descriptions for two Season of Arrivals mods – Reactive Pulse (formerly Font of Light) and Radiant Light – to correctly match their functionality.
- Added the Season of Arrivals modifier to the EDZ Destiny armor set pieces that did not have them.
- The Unstoppable Pulse Rifles artifact mod will no longer deal damage other than from the Pulse Rifle to stagger Unstoppable Champions while aiming down the sights of a Pulse Rifle.
- Rival Warlock Ghost Shell from Guardian Games will now display Ghost Projections.
- Fixed an issue where the Unstoppable Pulse Rifle mod icon would display a Scout Rifle.
- Fixed a bug that affected aim assist when shooting through barricades using the Citan walls.
UI / UX
- The Eververse Flair section header now displays the correct text.
- Controller remapping:
- Updated description for “Toggle Sprint”.
- Updated the tooltip for Exotic Engrams in Xûr, as players can now purchase more than one in a given week using an Exotic cipher.
- Fixed an issue where the subtitles for the Season of Arrivals Drifter dialogue could mistake players for “brother” even when using a female character.
- Strike weekly rewards pool adjusted for seasonal focus.
- Scorn, Cabal, Vex, and Fallen variations should no longer appear during arrival season.
- Fixed an issue where the first dormant node “CB.NAV / RUN. () Dynamo.Approach.Arch” would not appear for players attempting to complete the Nascent Dawn Exotic mission.